AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Selling ebooks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the process of writing an ebook.  I should mention that it is NOT anything related to making money online, get rick quick, lose weight, etc...it is a niche market involving pets....just an educational book with tons of facts....in any case, I was wondering if selling ebooks via adwords is still allowed?  It is my own ebook, unique content.  I am not promoting it through Clickbank and I was planning on using Paypal as a payment gateway.  Are sales pages still allowed or do I have to have a complete website dedicated to my topic?  I would appreciate any feedback or comments.  I want to use Adwords correctly and certainly don't want to get my account suspended.  Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Selling ebooks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chantal.
Selling ebooks is fine. Data harvesting in exchange for an ebook is not though. That's probably where you've heard the horror stories.

By "Sales page", I assume that you're talking about a Squeeze Page of sorts or the clickbank STYLE long form lander with yellow text.

Think about it, it's a BOOK you have written. Do it some justice and create a website about it. Give your potential readers a sample of the quality that they can expect from your book. Create a blog and share your expertise. It will all go toward improving your conversions.

Stick to the published policies and you'll be fine. Treat the user like a valued customer and you'll be more than fine.