AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Seller rate extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

We have observed two different text links behind seller rate extensions, on search ads, they are 

"advertiser rating" and  "rating for example.com",

what is the deference between these two messages,

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vijay

Ratings.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Seller rate extensions

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vijay

I am not 100% sure about it, but I have one point in my mind that I want to put up. If a website have business rating from the reputable review sources which are like Google shopping, Google Shopping Store then you see the seller extension as "Advertiser Rating".
Please see the link below for the list of sources which Google uses to identify the reviews as trusted reviews.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

If a website have reviews other then the sources mentioned in the link, then it show the seller extension as "rating for...........................".

I suggest that you check this in the case you have in the snapshot. Check for the rating sources and cross check them from the sources mentioned in the link

These are my understanding, I am not 100% sure.

Abhishek

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Vijay,

Abhishek made a good point. The difference could be to do with the review sites that the ratings are coming from. Unfortunately, I'd imagine it's largely dynamic in nature and probably unlikely that it's possible to select which wording will be used.  

Let us know if you find a way! 

N/A
# 4
N/A
I have been wondering the same thing.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

This thread - which is more than a year old - has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

Thank you.