AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Second domain, different services, same business

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been running my Adwords campaigns for a few months to direct customers to my ecommerce website. In reviewing my search query reports, I am seeing a term that I would really like to direct to a different domain I own that is focused more on other services I offer. After reading here about all the people who get suspended, I'm afraid to even try this without making absolutely sure I'm not violating a rule.

The second domain/website would be used only for specific keywords in a very specific geographic region. Can I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Second domain, different services, same business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello fnippy;

I, personally, do not like to find "loopholes" in the Policy. The reason is, that if a  bot triggered a suspension, (due to similarity in business, of two accounts),  you  will find yourself explaining to Google why your interpretation of the policy is / was correct.,,,while your account suspended...

The generalconcept is clear : one business - one account. You can target as many domains as you wish from that account.

The double serving"section says

• >> To comply with this policy, advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites.

So, unless the other domain is a completely different business, I would not take the risk.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks. I replied quickly, but then re-read your message.

You can target as many domains as you wish from that account.

This is what I needed to know. It was not my intent to open a second account.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@fnippy;

NO - You got me wrong! (In your first reply....before editing)

• Running text ads with two different domains within the same account - This  is OK
  • Running text ads with two different domains, from different accounts - for the SAME business (= same business name, same billing...) - Too risky
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I was editing while you were posting. Thanks for the clarification. I'll bet you are all tired of hearing people try to justify having multiple accounts. Again, not my intent AT ALL.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@fnippy;

No problem; as long as at the end  the point is clear.

fnippy wrote:
I was editing while you were posting. Thanks for the clarification. I'll bet you are all tired of hearing people try to justify having multiple accounts. Again, not my intent AT ALL.