AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Second chance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I feel sick to my stomach. I've been preparing to launch a website service in January, and before that decided to run a couple of sample ads on Google Adwords to test the product before going live next month. Huge mistake. I now realize I didn't read the terms close enough, and I've been suspended. And I've read once you're suspended, your finished with Adwords until your dying days.

I don't know what to do. I had really looked forward to launching in January. I don't dispute that I was careless in reading the terms before running a brief ad. What I'm wondering is if there is any, ANY chance, that I can start a new campaign in January and show to Adwords that I have a great site that is 100% in compliance with the rules.

Ugh.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Second chance

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

tdreports1, 

Ok so don't give up hope yet, there is still going to be a way to get your campaign active on Google AdWords. I'm happy to help you out but need some details before I can give any real advice. 

- What is the URL that you ran the test creative on? Is it the same as the URL you intend to run your fully launched website on?

- What exactly was the terms of the breach? What did you do wrong?

- Have you attempted to get in touch with the support team? You would be surprised how willing they are to help you in a situation such as this especially if they can see that you are a legitimate advertiser. 

Hopefully we can help you out. 

Matt

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello tdreports1;

Ohhhh; Smiley Sad

>>> your finished with Adwords until your dying days.

what was the reason for suspension?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, the domain will be different and the site will look radically different. I haven't gotten in touch with support and not sure how to do so since the email I got says only appeal if you can demonstrate you were within the terms.

The site is www.tdreports.com. They haven't spelled out the reason but based on their rules about landing pages it looks like my site is in pretty clear violation since I'm just testing interest in a product rather than offering it yet.

What email address should I use to get in touch with support on this issue?

Stupid, stupid me. Always read the terms of service carefully, kids.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I think you're fine. 

My best advice would be to set up a new account under a new email address. As your new domain will be different there will be no connection between you and the new website/account combo. 

With this new account it will (obviously) best not to test anything until your new website and landing page meet Google required guidelines.

If you do want to get in touch with Google the best place to start is from this page: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Let me know if there is anything extra I can help with. 

Kind Thanks, 

Matt

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
  •  Was www.tdreports.com  the landing page caused the account suspension?
  • Did Google say what was the Policy section violated?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Quote:

>>>My best advice would be to set up a new account under a new email address. As your new domain will be different there will be no connection between you and the new website/account combo.

I disagree . Google has pretty good tools to track returning advertising, who had been previously suspended. New emails and websites / domains are easily traced to the original owner.

-Moshe

@mseakins wrote:

Ok, I think you're fine.

My best advice would be to set up a new account under a new email address. As your new domain will be different there will be no connection between you and the new website/account combo.

With this new account it will (obviously) best not to test anything until your new website and landing page meet Google required guidelines.

If you do want to get in touch with Google the best place to start is from this page: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Let me know if there is anything extra I can help with.

Kind Thanks,

Matt

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Moshe is right on here.  While the businesses, products, websites etc may be different, openeing a second account after one account is suspended is a reciepie for disaster.  Don't forget that billing and company information is used on accounts as well.  Google is ve
If the first account was not suspended, you may have a shot but seeing as that is not the case, I would not take the risk of making a bad situation worse. 

MosheTLV wrote:

Quote:

>>>My best advice would be to set up a new account under a new email address. As your new domain will be different there will be no connection between you and the new website/account combo.

I disagree . Google has pretty good tools to track returning advertising, who had been previously suspended. New emails and websites / domains are easily traced to the original owner.

-Moshe

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All it said in the email I got was "While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google." And then the email simply provided a link to the terms and conditions. That's all they gave me.

I will try to reach out to them tommorrow, explain my case, and hopefully go forward from there. Any additional advice that you all can think of will be appreciated. And thanks for all that has been provided.

(Although, strangely enough, it says on the top of my Adwords account "Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.")

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@tdreports1;

You are not clear;

Is the suspension email referring to  www.tdreports.com  or to another site?