AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Search + display select campaign not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a campaign that was running on CPA from last 1 year.It was sarch and display network campaign.

Keeping in mind new feature i changed it to search+ display select campaign.Now even after 1 day campaign is not running as its saying ads are not approved because of low keyword quality score.

I am in a problem now.Can anyone guide me.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search + display select campaign not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ankur,

As your campaigns in CPA bidding and targeted in Search + Display Network. But now you have migrated the campaigns into Search network with Display Select. Search network with Display select does not have the same concept as Search+ Display network campaigns. The new campaign type is basically designed for the advertisers who spends only in Search network, but want to expands theirs ads in display network. And the major part of spends are consumed by Search network.

So this is the reasons your campaigns has lost the history as it is running in CPA bidding. And CPA bidding is not good when you make a major changes in your campaigns.
============================================================================
Now even after 1 day campaign is not running as its saying ads are not approved because of low keyword quality score.
I have never seen a situations when the ads is not approved because of low quality score of keywords.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,
Thanks for your reply.I was getting most of my conversions from display network only and for that purpose I created a separate display campaign along with search+display select campaign.

I am so confused as new display campaign is also not working and there are no impressions.

Getting message as
"Your keyword, combined with other targeting in your ad group, matches very few pages on the Display Network."

I have no other targeting except keywords in display campaign.Any idea?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
""Now even after 1 day campaign is not running as its saying ads are not approved because of low keyword quality score.
I have never seen a situations when the ads is not approved because of low quality score of keywords.""

Actually Ads are approved but when I am checking status by rolling over its testing a keyword that had low quality score and I changed keyword also but still same.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
HI Ankur,

As You have mention that your campaigns are getting conversions from Display network earlier and now you have changed the Setting into Search network with Display Select, your campaigns get imbalanced, now your major part will spends on Search Network.

Yes it is good that you have created the Separate Display campaigns. you Can find relevant display keywords by using the Display Planner:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/Display-Planner-Share-your-best-prac...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Ankur,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually Ads are approved but when I am checking status by rolling over its testing a keyword that had low quality score and I changed keyword also but still same.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This features only supports to Search networks campaigns, However, It means your keywords Quality Score is low, so try to increase the Quality score of The keywords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A Big technical issue.

I has 2 locations selected.1. Entire world and other one city.

While migrating it changed it to 1 city only Smiley Happy
That city has population of 18k.

Let's hope I will get impressions now but I will never try this feature again.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Ankur,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------While migrating it changed it to 1 city only Smiley Happy
That city has population of 18k.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you change the campaigns type, your target location can never be changed. If i think it was changed by mistake.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think I changed it.Now its resolved and I am getting impressions and its working on CPA also.

I will be monitoring performance for both display and search+select display closely.