AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Sample of an acceptable insurance ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my ads are in insurance, and I recently got a suspended ads notice, with the following errors

Failure to provide legitimate contact information for a physical location for the business being promoted

Failure to disclose associated fees

Note: Disclosures can’t be posted as roll-over text or made available through another link or tab. They must must be clearly and immediately visible without needing to click or hover over anything.

Failure to include links to third-party accreditation or endorsement where affiliation is asserted or implied, particularly when it serves to improve the reputation of the site

My questions are, what fees am I supposed to put, and what is the meaning of third-party accreditation or endorsement.

Is there a sample insurance ad for education, Motor and medical insurance that I can benchmark?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Eunice M,

As Rob stated, you need to work on your website. This is what the issue is. Simply seeing ads and writing another ad is going to lead to the ads being disabled and then your account is going to be suspended. Once your account is suspended, you will not be able to advertise with AdWords... period. Please slow down and proceed with caution. Account suspensions will follow you and the website for life and are very difficult, if not impossible, to fix. 

If you are a business selling insurance, you need to have a privacy policy page that is clearly defined and a contact page that clearly states your business name, license info, actual address, phone number and any other credible info. You should also have an about us page that clearly defines who, what and why you are in business, along with any affiliations to professional organizations like the BBB and official companies you are a licensed underwriter to, along with links to their websites. Insurance companies (Progressive, All State, etc.) provide to their licensed agents actions for websites and generally want to approve the websites, too. They have IT and Marketing departments that work with their licensed agents with this need. I work with them all the time for my clients that are licensed insurance agents. 

I advise that you pause all campaigns in AdWords and start over at the ground floor with your website. Research your competitors that are running ads in Google SERPs (search engine result pages) and carefully review their websites for clues as to what is needed. Contact a professional website designer, if needed, to make your website concise and credible.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eunice,

The information needs to be on your landing page / website, not your ad.

Re: Sample of an acceptable insurance ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks,

But I need to know what should the ad display.

Could you give me an example of an acceptable insurance add for an
education policy?

*Thanks,*

*Roseline*

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Do a search using your keywords and you will most likely see the ads of other advertisers - these ads will of course have been approved. Use them as your examples.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Eunice M,

As Rob stated, you need to work on your website. This is what the issue is. Simply seeing ads and writing another ad is going to lead to the ads being disabled and then your account is going to be suspended. Once your account is suspended, you will not be able to advertise with AdWords... period. Please slow down and proceed with caution. Account suspensions will follow you and the website for life and are very difficult, if not impossible, to fix. 

If you are a business selling insurance, you need to have a privacy policy page that is clearly defined and a contact page that clearly states your business name, license info, actual address, phone number and any other credible info. You should also have an about us page that clearly defines who, what and why you are in business, along with any affiliations to professional organizations like the BBB and official companies you are a licensed underwriter to, along with links to their websites. Insurance companies (Progressive, All State, etc.) provide to their licensed agents actions for websites and generally want to approve the websites, too. They have IT and Marketing departments that work with their licensed agents with this need. I work with them all the time for my clients that are licensed insurance agents. 

I advise that you pause all campaigns in AdWords and start over at the ground floor with your website. Research your competitors that are running ads in Google SERPs (search engine result pages) and carefully review their websites for clues as to what is needed. Contact a professional website designer, if needed, to make your website concise and credible.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In addition to all the information everyone else has given, I would like to state that this disapproval could be in error.  I have had several consulting clients in the Life Insurance space get the same disapproval in the last 2 weeks for financial service violation and it was an error by the google bot.  It was easily overturned with one phone call.  So I would double check with reactive support to see if that is the case as well.