AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Same Keyword, Same Account, Different Campaign, Different Domain - Is it ok with adwords policy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Suppose Right now i am running ads like this (example),

Keyword:  nail polish

Domain:   mydomain1.com

Campaign:  MyDomain1 Campaign

Thats 1 keyword in 'MyDomain1 Campaign' and landing page is at 'mydomain1.com' ...

Now i want to use the same keyword in the same adwords account but in a different campaign and for a different domain...like below,

Keyword:  nail polish

Domain:   mydomain2.com

Campaign:  MyDomain2 Campaign

And when i do this - i will pause my first campaign and keyword. So basically the new campaign will only run.

So just want to know is it ok with Google Adwords Policy?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Levyor D
July

Same Keyword, Same Account, Different Campaign, Different Domain - Is it ok with adwords policy?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Levyor D,

Positive, that's okay. Even if the 2 campaigns are running simultaneously the practice is okay as long as they are housed by the same AdWords account. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Levyor D
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Levyor D,

Positive, that's okay. Even if the 2 campaigns are running simultaneously the practice is okay as long as they are housed by the same AdWords account. 

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your response Smiley Happy ...Highly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just to clarify - if you did run both at the same time, it is impossible for both to show in the same search results. A mini-auction takes place inside your account to decide which one will show. This mini-auction does not make any difference to the CPC you end up paying - it will be the same as if only one was running.