AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Same KW from two different accounts targeting two different Sites but have same Product.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Please Confirm Same keywords from two different adwords targeting two different landing page but have same Product.

is it Violation?

Both accounts are under same MCC account.

Kindely confirm.

Addy 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same KW from two different accounts targeting two different Sites but have same Product.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Addy,

No, There is no issue if you are using Same keywords from two different adwords targeting two different landing page.

Just a Thought!

Thanks
Anchal

Re: Same KW from two different accounts targeting two different Sites but have same Product.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks for reply but the product is same. kindly confirm

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Addy,
As long as you are advertising for 2 different domains that are not owned by the same person.. essentially they are 2 competing sites and the keywords will enter the same auction when a user searches..
but.. this is not a violation even if they are in the same MCC.
Being in the same MCC simply means that a common person or agency is managing the account.. which is fine... Smiley Happy
Hope this clears your doubts!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for reply,

If we are using same person credit card in both account.

Then it can cause trouble?

Addy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Andy:

To comply with this policy, advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites. Violations of this policy occur when multiple websites share Common Ownership (defined below), plus when two or more of the following factors are present:

• Common product offering: For physical goods being sold, the sites share an overlap in inventory of 80% or more.
  • Similar pricing: When pricing is available on the sites, there's a price difference between the sites of 25% or less for substantially the same product or service.

Thus, you are risking getting into double serving violation;

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi  Addy,

As far as I understood,I would stress on what Moshe pointed clearly above. There is a violation if 2 different websites are owned and operated by a single business owner and is running the same products on both the websites and then trying to advertise them from 2 different Adwords accounts. So ultimately it's a win- win situation for that business owner who is actually trying to bring customers from 2 different ads (website 1 & website 2) to the same product line, which I think is in violation of Double Serving Policy.

If this is the case, I would recommend running separate campaigns from within a single Adwords account for both the domains rather than creating separate Adwords account for both websites.

I would encourage you to review the policy link clearly and then think about it. Lastly, I am not Google, so you might consider speaking with Adwords support for their opinion.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hey Addy,

Google's main policy has always remained about providing the best user experience.
Google believes that if 2 ads come from the same owner selling the same product.. it would add no value to a user.. This is why.. to restrict advertisers is this Common Ownership policy mentioned by Moshe above.

Please read that carefully and do not violate it. it could lead to permanent suspension of your account!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!