AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Same Domain Ads Policu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My client's AdWords account is sharing the same domain with another AdWords account resulting in violation of the display URL policy - and some of the ads not showing.

The issue however, is that those 2 separate accounts are two different business units which just share the same domain. The one is (example) London.language.com and the other is Online.language.com. Basically, the first account is a brick-and-mortar store and the second is an online store. However, those two business units operate completely separate, with separate bugets, operations and revenue streams.

Even their landing pages have got completely different content and goals - they are not competitors. How could this be approached in order to allow those two accounts to work independently? Is there any whitelisting option from Google after reviewing those two websites?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michalis S
September 2015

Re: Same Domain Ads Policu

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Then, you could review, yourself, the criteria, available  on the double serving section of the Policy. "My feeling", based on my experience, with similar cases (online web-store compared to  a "real store") -  is that the business does not meet the criterion  for exemption.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Since the two businesses are owned by the same business entity; selling the same products, with similar pricing,  you can promote them only under one account.
Separate accounts, would be a violation of the "double serving"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

Thanks for your response.
It is not exactly the same products they are selling and not similar pricing. Should I investigate further with Google?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please share websites URLs, so I can have a look

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm afraid I cannot share client's URls at this current stage, but as said there is the London.example.com URL which is the brick-and-mortar store and then the online.example.com which provides online services at a unique and independent pricing course.

Hope that helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michalis S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Then, you could review, yourself, the criteria, available  on the double serving section of the Policy. "My feeling", based on my experience, with similar cases (online web-store compared to  a "real store") -  is that the business does not meet the criterion  for exemption.