AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Sale of free items and official services - Site Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a site which follows all the rules given under the section "Sale of Free items and official services" and subsection "Charging for services associated with products or services that may otherwise be available for free or available from an official form or service" as in the below link https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/189033?hl=en-GB&rd=1

But my site got status as "Site Suspended"

I again resubmitted the ad using the form provided by google. Does this happen quite often? How do I get why the site got disapproved by Google? Does google provide feedback?

Anyone who have such experience please provide some suggestions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sale of free items and official services - Site Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Please share website URL so we can have a look
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the reply. You know this I have read your prior posts on the topic "ESTA" Im working on the same business.

I tried to comply all the policies in the below URL in the section "Charging for services associated with products or services that may otherwise be available for free or available from an official form or service"

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/189033?hl=en

I also have useful services added on top of it. Still google is trying to block me for the same policy violation.

1) The site clearly states whether the advertiser is affiliated or not affiliated with the government, official source, or free source. (We mentioned this in disclaimer in every page)

2) The site discloses that the products, services, or forms are available from the government, official source, or free source either for free (where applicable) or at lower cost than the advertiser charges. (We provided the charge on govt website in the landing page)

3) The site must describe the additional services offered that are unavailable from the government, official source, or free source. Advertisers should not misrepresent the value they add by highlighting features or services available from the official source for free. (We have service which govt website can't provide)

4) Your ads and landing pages cannot promote services that provide little or no additional value to the user beyond the original or official online or automated application process.
(We are not promoting any additional value than the actual ESTA provide)

Any suggestion from your side.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
"ESTA" is a simple form that the passenger has to fill in - what service are you exactly selling? (Unlike a long visa application, with many scenarios, that might require a professional advice)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are selling android or iOS app that holds esta visa to carry on mobile which is paperless and single touch availability which will also remind you of when to renew your ESTA which have few cases like when your passport expires etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Any idea will this has enough to go live on Google.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Well...ESTA is an online electronic form ; - So by definition it's a paperless...!

M  view, promoting an app, that what it does is  to link to an online form, and sends a reminder every few years(!), when a passport is renewed (assuming that  developers  will continue to update it to support   future versions of iOS)  - has  NO added value to users.

So, my view- Google is correct.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

You are right ESTA is an online form. But how does a traveller carry?

A printout - physical form can be risky (misplaced or destroyed). Mail...What happens to it

over time.

An app on phone to retrive it by single touch can't be a added value?

Please advice.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I disagree. No need to carry the form; no risk ; All electronically.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I heard lot of travellers are requested to show it at airport. Below link is also suggested to carry one.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1130

If they don't provide the proof how can the gateway know that the user have the authorization.