AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Sadly leaving google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your firearms advertising policy is forcing me to actively support alternate search engines.

I have been a Google supporter for many years, but I will not support censorship of perfectly legal items that I personally buy and use. I am disappointed that Google chooses to politicize their business but I recognize your right. I simply will not intentionally support any group that chooses censorship over freedom.

I have already gone to the hassle of changing banks over my former bank's firearms business policies and refuse to use paypal for the same reason. The change to an alternate search provider is much, much easier.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Sadly leaving google.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with one of the AdWords policies. You're free to cancel your account at any time. However, if you have any questions about the policy guidelines or how to ensure your campaign is performing optimally within the scope of the policy, please let us know here on the Community and we'll try our best to help. 

Rachel