AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Run Adwords traffic to Same website with TWO accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company has an Adwords account. We are also part of a larger company and that marketing dept wants to run Adwords traffic to our site through their account. I see this as a bad idea. In fact, I dont see how anything good could come about this.

What are your thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Run Adwords traffic to Same website with TWO accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi mtty74 and welcome to the forum.  Your instincts are good, but it's actually a complex question.  Having more than one Account pointing to the same website is not, in itself, a problem.  The possible breach of Policies only arises if the companies involved are considered to be the same legal entity, which is like to lead to a breach of the Double-Serving Policy.

A lot might depend upon the purpose of this move.  What are the parent company giving as a reason for doing this?  Google won't allow two Ads to appear for the same URL anyway so having two Accounts won't increase exposure any more than a properly run single Account.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Run Adwords traffic to Same website with TWO accounts?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi mtty74,

In addtion to Jon's fine answer here, if you are both targeting the same area and products, the 2 accounts may actually compete against each other and drive up the CPC costs.

My advice: proceed with caution!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords