AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Run Adwords traffic to Same website with TWO accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company has an Adwords account. We are also part of a larger company and that marketing dept wants to run Adwords traffic to our site through their account. I see this as a bad idea. In fact, I dont see how anything good could come about this.

What are your thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Run Adwords traffic to Same website with TWO accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi mtty74 and welcome to the forum.  Your instincts are good, but it's actually a complex question.  Having more than one Account pointing to the same website is not, in itself, a problem.  The possible breach of Policies only arises if the companies involved are considered to be the same legal entity, which is like to lead to a breach of the Double-Serving Policy.

A lot might depend upon the purpose of this move.  What are the parent company giving as a reason for doing this?  Google won't allow two Ads to appear for the same URL anyway so having two Accounts won't increase exposure any more than a properly run single Account.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Run Adwords traffic to Same website with TWO accounts?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi mtty74,

In addtion to Jon's fine answer here, if you are both targeting the same area and products, the 2 accounts may actually compete against each other and drive up the CPC costs.

My advice: proceed with caution!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords