AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website has been flagged as a site that contains bad words. How do I know the bad words and remove them.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

What platform are the reviews on? You can escalate to customer service.

Best way to approach fake reviews that we have adopted is to use them to demonstrate how you handle sticky situations with customers. If you lash out and tell them this is a fake review, you usually come across as a business owner who is pointing fingers back at a customer when a problem arises. If you show that you don't blame your customer, but look at the core of the problem then you win, because the reason those reviews are important in the first place is that your prospects review them before doing business with you. That said you don't need to let those fakers walk all over you. But you do need to isolate the problem and handle it as if it was real. Fake reviews can and have been turned into an asset by many in the industry.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I see you edited your question from "reviews" to "bad words." Sorry, can't help you with "bad words" violation. Never had that experience.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.