AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Review Source is Ineligible

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Whenever I'm trying to add a review of our firm from a reputable site like trustlink.org and trying to put the actual source url, it's saying "Review source is ineligible".

Can anybody tell me why are they showing this?

P.S: Review source url: http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Oak-View-Law-Group-APC-206054627

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Review Source is Ineligible

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Review can't be from individual customers.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
The following types of reviews are prohibited:

Second-hand reporting (rather than directly linking to source)
Individual customer reviews and testimonials
Aggregate reviews and rankings from user review websites (however, you can show user review ratings with your ads by using seller ratings)
Press releases
Paid endorsements
Websites not accessible to the public (like sites that require signing up or signing in to see the review content)
Websites that are not family safe
Reviews requiring extra clicks to view (such as in videos, audio, PDFs)

Read more here : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3197294?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What amazon reviews? I have a product on there

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Amazon uses "user review" and its not allowed under Review extension. As mentioned in my above reply.
Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So Google doesn't want reviews from their own review site? Most other review sites with the exception of Consumer.org are either an aggregation of individual reviews or paid review sites (meaning if you advertise they will review you). According to Marchex's list of the top twenty review sites, none could be used because they all rely on end-user reviews. It would seem that we need to get our PR machine working so that we can get good quotes out in the print press.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is not very helpful. Basically none of the legitimate and commonly used review sites (Yahoo, Google, Yelp) are eligible. What gives?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.