AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Review Extensions shows message: "Review source is ineligible".

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I am not sure if I am placing the question on the proper place of the forum.  If not, my apologies.

I have read some info about my issue (message:Review source is ineligible) at the help center.  Still not very clear to me.

I understand that "Individual customer reviews and testimonials" cannot be used.  So my question is, which ones are the sites that are allowed by Google Adwords?  Is there any place where I can find, for example, a list?  What kind of sources would Google Adwords approve?  Any examples?  Is there any article, post, guide that I can read and see more detailed information?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help,

Santiago

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Santiago,

Unacceptable review source

The following is not allowed:

Links to a second-hand, excerpted, or republished version of the review instead of the original review source

Individual customer reviews or testimonials

Aggregate reviews and rankings from user review websites

Press releases created by the advertiser

Note: This policy applies even if the press release has been distributed or published by a separate site or service.

Paid endorsements

Reviews that are behind a paywall, require viewers to sign into an account, or are not accessible to the public

Review source published in a language that doesn't match the language of the extension

Let's take an example: if you have hotel business, then website like tripadvisor or any other reputed travel website will be considered as a eligible review source.

If you have restaurants, then review from zomato like website can be considered as a eligible review source.

Hope it will help you.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Santiago,

Unacceptable review source

The following is not allowed:

Links to a second-hand, excerpted, or republished version of the review instead of the original review source

Individual customer reviews or testimonials

Aggregate reviews and rankings from user review websites

Press releases created by the advertiser

Note: This policy applies even if the press release has been distributed or published by a separate site or service.

Paid endorsements

Reviews that are behind a paywall, require viewers to sign into an account, or are not accessible to the public

Review source published in a language that doesn't match the language of the extension

Let's take an example: if you have hotel business, then website like tripadvisor or any other reputed travel website will be considered as a eligible review source.

If you have restaurants, then review from zomato like website can be considered as a eligible review source.

Hope it will help you.

Cheers!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3197294?hl=en

Here is the article where you find more about review extensions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sudeep P,

Thank you very much for your fast reply and kind help. 

Your answer is very interesting.  That takes me to another question.  You mention:

"Let's take an example: if you have hotel business, then website like tripadvisor or any other reputed travel website will be considered as a eligible review source."

I believe that Trip Advisor takes reviews from users/clients.  Why would Google allow Trip Advisor or Zomato and not, for example, Trusted Shops?

Both of the sources you mentioned build scores/ratings based on what users say.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help,

Santiago

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Reviews by users are not eligible for review extensions on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for you kind help Moshe. :-)

Best Regards,

Santiago