AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Restricted products or related

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have an adwords account, and we sell insulin pump cases and other diabetes related pouch products.  Google does not show the ads as they state they are related to or part of a restricted list of products.

What is the best way to get this restriction removed?  As we are not selling drugs, just cases for insulin pumps, some jelly sweets, and Frio Wallets.

Can anyone help ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Restricted products or related

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

ou cannot advertise insulin on Google;

It's on the list of restricted products and cannot be removed.

Sorry;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2430794#

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The OP doesn't appear to be selling the insulin - just the cases. A little like someone selling iPhone cases - not selling iPhones but has problems with the keywords...

I'm not sure if this works in this situation but you may be able to discuss this with your Adwords reps and get limited approval for the ads.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@stickleback (Steve); (testing the new "mention" operator;...)

Healthcare and medicine is different:

"Google AdWords restricts the promotion of healthcare related products ..."

"In addition, we do not allow the use of prescription drug terms in ad text, landing pages, or keywords...."

So whether it's directly related to insulin as a drug, or just an "insulin injection device" would be irrelevant for the advertiser since he cannot use the term "insulin " in the ad-text or as a keyword and on the landing page.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks for the clarification - and I got the mention ;-)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the pointing out of the obvious.  I suppose I should accept and move on! 

many thanks Smiley Happy