AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Report Google Shopping / Product Listing Violation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Within our industry, there are multiple advertisers who are violating the Google Shopping Ads for product listing terms by listing their products with a generic image such as the manufacturer logo or a placeholder image for every item. We used to do this but stopped as soon as we found out that we were in policy violation. We also removed watermarks for Shopping ads as well so we would be within policy.

I have tried to report these ads using the "Feedback on Adwords ads" but I can't seem to get the form to submit because it doesn't like what I'm putting in there. Has anyone done this before or is there a separate form I should be filling out? I want to promote fair competition between resellers in my industry -- it is not right that some are cheating the system by throwing up 100,000 SKU's with the same image.

Re: Report Google Shopping / Product Listing Violation

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nate,

Try the AdWords Questions, Complaints, and Feedback link in the help center.  Here you can provide more details and submit the violations that you notice directly to Google.

That being said, while I value a fair marketplace where everyone plays by the same rules, I would focus my efforts on making my own advertising program as strong and as efficient as it could possibly be.

Re: Report Google Shopping / Product Listing Violation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Basically if they feel your are misrepresenting yourself my not describing it with the GOOD word, then they fail you, Your Ad words must be almost identical to what your profession is.