AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketnig list disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out why my Remarketing list get disaproved..

the message i get is "This list has been disabled due to a violation ofGoogle's policy for advertising based on interests and location."

Someone got a clue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketnig list disapproved

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chuck C,

The obvious question to ask would be, what type of site are you trying to put the remarketing list on? In essence if your site is of a certain classification or gathers certain information about visitors that you are then able to differentiate between via your remarketing list then this is not allowed.

An example would be: If you ask someone to choose what religion they are and then send them to pages specific to their answer. In theory you could differentiate these users via the remarketing tag and thus target users based on religion which is a policy violation.

Hope this helps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Correct;
Re-marketing campaigns which could reveal medical condition or sexual orientation - are not allowed and hence the Remarketing list will be disapproved (for these types of campaigns.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What about remarketing lists from the financial sector?
Our remarketing lists have been suspended, even though we have no scoring system on our website and we only capture contact data.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@Daniel;
Hmm... Interesting.... We'll have to check the site. The best would be to open a new discussion for your case.. This thread goes back 6 months...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭