AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing lists disabled for another product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Our company sells both hair and skincare products but advertises only hair products on AdWords. It was communicated by an AdWords support consultant that our remarketing lists were disabled by Google because of the presence of display features on our skincare pages. I was told (incorrectly) by AdWords support consultant that all we had to do was remove display features from those pages. After months of working with our developers, this was implemented, only to still have my lists disapproved. Does anyone know of a way to work around this situation?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing lists disabled for another product

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marketing - what sort of products are you (re)marketing for hair?

Is it possible the list is being disapproved for:

• health or medical information, such as from sites or apps that market to a specific health-related group

(full policy here:  https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en)

For example, if you're remarketing products related to some sort of health issue related to hair that might be a problem.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Marketing -

Rereading your post,  it sounds that  at first,  the landing page had been  in violation due to the claims made, and  when this was fixed the Remarketing list was disapproved. The latter is a  violation of another section of the Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon, the product we market is hair removal which is not a sensitive product. Our second product which we do not market via AdWords is for acne which does fall under a sensitive category. I was told by their policy review support to remove the remarketing tag on the pages with sensitive content in order to have our hair removal lists reinstated but my lists were not enabled after re-review.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Have you promoted in the past the Acne product on AdWords?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Years ago. We do not promote it on AdWords at all currently.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Was it suspended back then? I am "sensing" that there could be another issue here, in addition to the Remarketing list. But, this requires "digging" into the specific details of the account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think it was.