3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing feed coordinates as destination address. What is the correct format?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My remarketing CSV-feed is not getting approved because the address format is wrong: 

address_format.png

According to the documentation it should be possible to enter coordinates as I have done... but something is wrong. Maybe there are too many decimal points? Maybe the lat,lng coordinates shouldn't be separated with a semicolon? Here is a screenshot of the documentation including examples: 

adwords_coordinates.png

It states that the latitude and longitude should be given i DDD-format, but as far as I know the DDD format is completely without decimal points. In the example to the right there are decimal points, but they are made with a comma instead of a period. I'm guessing that this an error in the documentation (because it has been translated from english to danish - in danish commas are used for decimail point). There is another small difference. In the documentation example there is a single space after the semicolon that is used to seperate latitude and logitude. It would be strange if this is the reason why my coordinates are not passing the validation.

So as far as I can see one of these things could be causing the validation to fail: 

• Semicolon should not be used to separate lat and lng.
  • I should round lat and lng so it has 5 decimal points
  • The space after the semicolon is mandatory
  • I need to use commas for decimal points
  • Lat and lng should be integers instead of floating point

Can you please provide the correct format for coordinates in the remarketing CSV feed? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kristian W
1w

Remarketing feed coordinates as destination address. What is the correct format?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In the Google sample the decimal is a comma - I would start there.

Try using a reduced copy of your list to test and see if you can get the import to work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes that did the trick!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Re: Remarketing feed coordinates as destination address. What is the correct format?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah well I just tried with 3 entires in the csv-file and they all got approved. I have now uploaded the entire feed but half of them get disapproved :-(

adwords_err_addr_format_round_two.png

I cannot figure out why they don't get approved? Both of the disapproved entries above work just fine when I look them up: 

"Timmendorfer Strand - Julemarked i Lübeck og Hamburg": http://www.latlong.net/c/?lat=53.992430&long=10.776210 (Reverse geocode: "23669 Timmendorfer Strand, Tyskland")

"Lübeck - Julemarked i Flensburg og Lübeck"http://www.latlong.net/c/?lat=53.863870&long=10.685580 (Reverse geocode: "Pferdemarkt 5, 23552 Lübeck, Tyskland")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The issue is still not resolved. Please see my entry above this. Does anyone have an an idea why I'm getting "Unacceptable address format" with valid lat, lng coordinates?

Experts in the Topic
stickleback