AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing campaign optimization

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear All,

Please share Remarketing campaign optimization strategies also share all the basic steps required to initiate a remarketing campaign.

Kind regards,

Addy 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing campaign optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Addy_SEM;

I would start by reading these discussions:

And:

There are a few more that you might be interested in . Try the advanced search.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Addy!

I love re-marketing because I´ve seen such great success in terms of CTR, cpc, conversions and conversion costs over several client accounts and I highly recommend you use it.

To setup re-marketing:

1. Generate code and add the code to your site

(and if your site has several sections and a fair amount of visitors at each section, I´d suggest you put a different piece of code in different sections (meaning one or several pages) to bea able to create different lists and a better targeting).

2. Wait for cookies to be put in your visitors computers

3. Meanwhile, create ad (text and/or image)
(if you have added different code to different website-sections, you could and should also create different ads with different information. For the "blue socks" section you want ads saying something like "Check out our cheap and nice blue socks", for the "About us" section you may want ads saying something like "95% customer satisfaction".

4. Create ad groups for each (and/or combinations of) your remarketing lists.

5. Start remarketing

6. Evaluate - adjust - experiment - develop  - evaluate - adjust....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear All,

Many thanks for helping me.

Kindely solve my queries with remarketing mentioned below.

1)  what is Custom combination list.

2.) If i genrate a remarketing code without selecting auidences then will it code works and will it works for all campaigns as there is no linking of code with any particular campign.

3)If I don,t want to run campigns on select auidences instead want to run campign on selected placemennts how remarkerting can work.

4) If I select auidences for a campign then i have to genrate different code for every new auidence i selcted.

Kindely assist

Addy 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Addy_SEM
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Addy

1. A custom combination list is when you have several lists and combine them to create a specific (custom..) audience.

For example, lets say you run a webshop selling shoes and you put one tag on all your "converse" pages and one tag on all your "hush puppies" pages. You then have two lists of different people, well actually cookies, and actually the "people" on those lists may overlap so some computers will have both cookies, which is where custom combination comes in handy.

So now you wanna create an ad group that targets those that are both on the "converse" list AND on the "hush puppies" list. Then you´ll just create a list with and AND relation between those two lists.

But a custom combination list doesn´t necessarily have to combine  remarketing lists, but can also combine audiences (with each other and/or remarketing lists). So you could create a custom combination targeting people interested in cars AND who are on your "converse" list. 

2. You can only target audiences on ad group level

3. Create and ad group where you choose manage placements AND your remarketing list (and specific reach on campaign level) This text will answer a lot of those questions.

4. The semantics around audience / topic / remarketing / interest categories is somewhat confusing, I suggest you also have a look at this thread.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Many Thanks for reply

Please confirm can we do remarketing on Search keywords.

For instance we get traffic from search keywords and then can we follow them on Google Display network. Or we need to run single campaign on both networks.

Kindly Confirm.

Addy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Addy_SEM,

"For instance we get traffic from search keywords and then can we follow them on Google Display network. Or we need to run single campaign on both networks."

Yes, you can absolutely remarket this way.  You're technically not running remarketing on Search Keywords, you're collecting an audience list of visitors to your site and remarketing to that specific audience.  You may choose to only tag visitors that originate from paid campaigns, if you have dedicated specific landing pages for your paid campaigns.  No matter how you go about creating your remarketing audience, the remarketing campaign will target that specific audience across the GDN in a separate campaign.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear All,

We have generated general audience tag which we named " Users visited our site earlier"  and integrated with display campaign.

Now question arises will it remarket all the users who had visited our site in 30 days icluding organic mailers or just our users come on site through that Display campaign.

Kindly assist

Addy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Addy_SEM
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Addy,

This is going to depend on where you installed the audience code on your website.  If it is on all pages of your site, any visitor that views one of those pages will be added to the audience list, regardless of how they get to the page.  Even if the code is only on your homepage, it will still work the same way, only the visitors to your site that view the page(s) that have the audience code installed will be added to the audience. 

In order to only remarket to paid visitors, you will need landing pages that are only accessible by clicking an ad, dedicated landing pages.

The 30 day mark is set by audience duration.  If by chance you're finding that you're having trouble meeting the minimum requirements to have your campaign run, you may want to extend the audience duration.  If you have plenty of traffic, the 30 day mark will not be a problem.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear Tom,

Thanks for reply,

We have just started remarketing and place remarketing tag on home page and paid search landing page and integrated with display campaign.

If we integrate Search campaign with remarketing tag will it work?

Or we need run single campaign on both networks.

Kindly assist,

Addy