AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Destination URL's

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

Is it possible to link remarketing ads to a separate website to one that a user originally visited.

Here's the scenario:

A client has two websites, one which contains a lot of information, venues, news etc and another which promotes an exhibition they are running. I'm running remarketing on both sites but want to know if it is possible to link ads from visitors to the main site through to the exhibition site as this is the most relevant to the content of the image ads and the purpose of the campaign is to encourage people to sign up for a free ticket to the actual event.

Thanks

G

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Destination URL's

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No Problem at all.

Please remember, if you have at all, ever in the past, had the second domain being promoted in a separate AdWords account than the one your are trying to use now, you could face some issues with policy violations.

If you have never promoted this second site or have always promoted the two sites out of the same account, I honestly couldn't see how there could be any issues. 

Please keep us posted how it works out for you.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Garethwesthead,

Hmm...I think, and I could be wrong here, that if you are promoting both of these websites through the same AdWords account, you could indeed share your remarketing lists and as you put it "link remarketing ads to a separate website to one that a user originally visited".  I say this because in order to accomplish this, you would need to have a remarketing campaign targeting the audience list from site A (shared audience across a single account is fine) but have your Destination URL's point to site B.  As an advertiser, you can only promote a particular website in one AdWords account.  So if you have separate AdWords accounts for Site A and Site B, I do not think this is possible.

Remarketing has just recently changed significantly but I do not believe that those changes will have any effect on what you are trying to accomplish. 

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom

Yea I thought that sharing the audiences across multiple sites within the same account would be possible. Both sites are owned by the same company and it is simply a different arm to their business. I'll give it a go and see were it gets me.

Thanks again.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No Problem at all.

Please remember, if you have at all, ever in the past, had the second domain being promoted in a separate AdWords account than the one your are trying to use now, you could face some issues with policy violations.

If you have never promoted this second site or have always promoted the two sites out of the same account, I honestly couldn't see how there could be any issues. 

Please keep us posted how it works out for you.

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi garethwesthead

In my opinion, you can't use audiences from a site, to another site, even if the both sites are in the same Adwords account. The audiences/lists, are unique for a single site only, not for many.

Let me explain a little.

You have two sites, both on the same niche, and your goal is to make your visitors to sign up for NL.

The cookie that google set on a single machine (PC, mobile, tablet,etc), is from a single site and u cannot use it on the other site or many other sites.

I don't know if it's possible that a remarketing tag may be used on two or more sites. But if this is possible i think your problem is solve, because when you generate the lists you made them for both sites but i don't know how relevant is ..

Dani