AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Regarding Merchant Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone, 

I have been running my ads for web hosting related services with keywords like Hosting, Web Hosting, reseller hosting etc. and paying google a large some of money every day. But since many days my business has been effected by the ads being displayed by the shopping ads being displayed on the right side of the screen on the google page. I would like to display my ads as well here but the google ad-words team doesn't have a perfect reply to my question. They are asking me to contact those third party websites, such as shopclues, flipkart etc. I already have a merchant account with them but my ads are not being displayed and they have disapproved our product/ad. If the ad is running for some other product it should also display for us as well.  My simple question is if I want to display my ads on google why I have to contact a third party and moreover the websites which are showing their ads are not related to any web hosting services. I am attaching a screenshot to give a better idea. 

Google Ad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Regarding Merchant Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Kelvin, 

It looks like somehow these other retailers are either (a) finding a way to offer a service based product on Google Shopping (which is not allowed) or (b) are including some kind of physical product with their hosting service (maybe they're offering actual servers for hosting for example) which then would allow them to qualify for PLA ads. 

I suggest you either do some competitor research and see if they are actually offering a product and if not then feel free to file a complaint. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Regarding Merchant Ads

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi there,

Agreed with @Joshua R 1st statement.

They are promoting their hosting services as products like servers.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’