AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Redirection of URLs in Same Domain + Google AB Testing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Lets say I have a url which is www.something.com/page-1/ and another www.something.com/page-2/

1. Both page 1 and page 2 are of the same domain something.com
  2. I would need to have an AB testing done, also keeping in mind that one of them has a google adwords setup done.
  3. Would it be acceptable to have a redirection process in this particular case [as long as they are on the same base domain something.com] but would have to show different pages depending upon the result of the AB testing code from google.

Looking forward to your revert(s)! Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sricharan,

As far as I know, it's acceptable, but both the domains must match after all redirects.

Read more here about destination URL policy:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?rd=1

Thanks,
Rajat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Rajat,

Thank you for your revert. I did have a look at that url that you had sent. Doesn't seem to be too clear.

I ll probably go ahead with your advice.

Lets see if I can get more replies for my post as well.

Have a nice day.

Re: Redirection of URLs in Same Domain + Google AB Testing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Sricharan K,

I would need to have an AB testing done, also keeping in mind that one of them has a google adwords setup done.

I did not get what do you mean by "one of them has a google adwords setup done".

Would it be acceptable to have a redirection process

If you will use redirection of the url then it will not be A/B testing.

To test both the urls, you need to keep running both.

You can duplicate the ads, change the url of new ones and keep them running(with both urls).

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’