AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Redirection Third Party Tracking URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to everyone

I'm triying to set a tracking url from a different domain in the tracking template, but everytime I try, the ads are dissaproved. 

This particular tracking system is set as it follows: 

Final Url: whatever.domain.com/hello/?utm_source=whatever&utm_campaign=whatever?utm_content....

Display URL: whatever.domain.com/hello

Tracking template: tracking.redirection.com?sid=9&cpid=3527&adid=20417&acid=64646&trackid=747474&url={lpurl}

Click URL: tracking.redirection.com?sid=9&cpid=3527&adid=20417&acid=64646&trackid=747474&url= whatever.domain.com/hello/%3Futm_source%whatever%26utm_campaign%......

I have tried also without utm parameters in the final URL

Final Url: whatever.domain.com/hello/

Display URL: whatever.domain.com/hello

Tracking template: tracking.redirection.com?sid=9&cpid=3527&adid=20417&acid=64646&trackid=747474&url={lpurl}

In every help content I found that you can use the tracking template as a redirection. The trackng template leads you exactly to the final url. The destination test shows that the landing page has been found, but once I send the ad for a review, it is dissaproved: "The site violates policy". But when I don´t use the tracking template and the ad goes directly to the final url, it is approved. 

So wich shoud be the way to run campaigns with third party tracking ? I have read all the related content and I have followed the way allowed by Google, but nothing seems to change. 

Thank you

Redirection Third Party Tracking URL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Interesting. I also use a redirect through a third party, but have never had a site policy issue. Is there anything that might throw a red flag with the tracking domain? You may need to chat with support to find out the real reason.

As a side note, I would recommend putting the tracking parameters in the tracking template instead of the final url. This way if you need to change anything in the tracking it won't create a new ad and you keep the history of that ad.

tracking.redirection.com?sid=9&cpid=3527&adid=20417&acid=64646&trackid=747474&url={lpurl}?