AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Recently Google announced the Interstitial penalty for mobile. Does this apply to PPC ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have ads that when users visit the site and interstitial will sometimes pop up and take over the site for a few seconds, an X will appear to close it out. The interstitial is another ad and not an app install. Will this affect my ads or is the interstitial penaly solely from the search side. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Recently Google announced the Interstitial penalty for mobile. Does this apply to PPC ads?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for posting to the Community. All ads and ad landing pages need to follow the AdWords guidelines and policies. In this case, it sounds like your landing page would potentially not meet the AdWords requirements for the destination page experience (full policy here). While we can't advise on whether your landing page would or would not meet the requirements here, you'll want to make sure that you completely review the policy and ensure that your landing page meets the requirements.

Cassie