AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Real Estate listings landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm setting up a new Adwords account for a real estate company. One campaign is called "Lake Cabins" and I want the landing page to be the Waterfront listings page. However, this company has a subscription to a service that compiles and serves the listings from THEIR server. So, the landing page is a subdomain on the listing service's site.

Example: My site is nwlandandrec.com. The IDX (listings service) displays the listings thus: http://nwlandandrec.idxbroker.com/i/waterfront. As you can see, the listings are actually on a subdomain of the IDX company, which (understandably) violates the Adwords policy on landing pages being ON the advertisers site.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real Estate listings landing page

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Barbara,

Policy: There's no restriction on advertising a website which you don't own. However, you wouldn't have full control over the listing service's website. Which means if their site is suspended (for any reason) in future, your account would be penalized and you wouldn't have a choice but to request them to fix it.

Performance: Google allows not more than ONE text ad from the same website in the search results page. If the listing service is already advertising their website on Google, your ads (pointing to their domain) might conflict, which is another layer of competition.

Tracking: (GA, conversions, remarketing, etc), you'll have to place the code on their website which they might not approve.

I'd recommend having your own website since it can cater to all these issues and doesn't cost a lot these days Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar