AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Reactivate a Suspended account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My adwords account was been suspended in 2010 if I remembered correctly. The reason being suspended because adwords update its policy for prohibiting any website containing linking or bridging to another website. Google reviewer team ask me to change the content and remove the link to external site but all of my website domains that I used to advertise on Google adwords have all been expired. I did not renew any of the older domains and can no longer access or work with them. Google doesn't seem to understand this and insist me to change the content on my expired sites which I can no longer access.

My question is can I reactive the suspended account to run for a new campaign if everything is following with adwords policies?

This is my customer ID: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Regards,

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove personal information. This is done to protect one's privacy and account security
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reactivate a Suspended account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi James,

Just curious... if you are not going to advertise for any of those websites.. why use the same account... even if you do get back the account.. you will have bad history...
Just create a new AdWords account and start fresh!

Happy new year!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

2010 from now, a lot has changed in advertising and so have AdWords' policies. It is advisable to review them properly. 

My advice would be - If you still operate in the same business name, you can get ahead to update your exiting AdWords campaigns and the landing pages to your new website. Make sure you are adhering to policies and guidelines, and then contact AdWords support to request a review for the account. 

Phone support information is here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi James,

To maintain safety, security, and privacy in AdWords community, we are not allowed to post any Personal Information. So I would suggest you to remove CID from the thread.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You must fix the content on the URL in violation, if you wish to advertise with Google.

Abandoning the URL, closing the site etc... does not resolve the violation. The site must be fixed, to fully comply, before  you can appeal. (And yes, if you don't own the domain any more, you'll have to re-buy it,  and fix it)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,
i am also on same phase as suggested by Shweta, You create the new adwords for new website & also take Google Adwords coupon Smiley Happy benefit as google provide on new account.
--
Thanks,
Jitender

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Once you try to open a new account - Google has its signals to recognize you, as a "banned advertiser", and you will be suspended again.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Moshe, I understand, If we are using the same website Google will suspend our account again. But James wants to use fresh website that not contain any existing account. Because of that we will suggest him to create a new account with fresh details.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Jitender S;

The advertiser (Not  the website) is banned from ever advertising with Google again,  until the violation is fixed. 

Goes without saying that the domain in violation cannot be promoted, by the banned advertiser, or any other advertiser, until fixed...