AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Re-enabled an advert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All 

We let our advertising budget run down in order to test other advertising, we are in the process of trying to ascertain the most cost effective places to advertise.

We have put money back into our adwords account however and several hours ago i re-enabled our campaign.

Yet despite re-enabling the advert it is not running?. Status shows as enabled/eligble 

Does the re-enabled advert require approval? Or would something else be wrong?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re-enabled an advert

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello trevorwilson;

No; If an ad (or a campaign) was paused - reactivating  it does not require the ad to be re-approved.

When you hover with the mouse on the "eligible" status, What message do you get?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey moshe, thanks for the response.

If i go to the specific advert

hovering over the green dot shows tooltip "enabled"

yet status now says "approved" and tooltip says advert is not showing because it is not enabled!

I may just create a completely new advert, but of course that would need approval.

Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello trevorwilson,

If I could jump in and ask whether you included some end date to your campaign originally when you created them?

You can confirm that by looking into the campaign settings and checking that. If the campaign is ended, you wil have to extend the date range to make sure your ads start again.

Another reason I could think of would be the billing part. There is a slight possibility that Adwords is yet to update your billing information just because you have re-included the funds after quite sometime. If this is the case, you should wait for sometime until your ads start again.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can do some trobleshooting.

1- Ads - Click on ads tab and make sure all are approved.

2- Keywords - Click on Keywords tab and hover over the speech bubble, it will showyou where your ads are running or not. It will also show you possible reason.

Let us know if you find the reason by above method.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OHH ;

I see that you quickly got some ideas.

I will add - check your campaign scheduling (time setting)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all

Thanks for all the ideas, 

The money is showing in our balance, it has cleared- but it only showed from today.

The keywords show that the campaign is not enabled.. despite it saying 'enabled' at the main screen.

I just tried reactivating another campaign and the same happened.

I have just had a look through the forums and this has happened to a few people apparently, and then it suddenly revives, i can only assume its because my money has only just registered. Ill try again in a couple of days

Many thanks