AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Re asking about site restricted.

[ Edited ]
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The forum prompted me to ask this as a new question.

This site:  <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

has a site ban on it for malicious content.  I thought it was because I started this site while it was a parked domain.

I was informed in this forum it was because ads were 404 ing.  

The ads that were 404 were paused and only in the account for historical data.

I have backed this data up offline and deleted these ads.

I am still waiting for site approval but have not received a response.  

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove links which have the potential to put other members at risk. 

As a best practice, please do not ever post links to sites that are suspected of having Malware in this or any other public forum.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re asking about site restricted.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

KT
I'm not sure how you concluded that the site had had a malicious content,,,
The violation is not technical, but lies in the business model. You cannot promote paintball guns or equipment on Google;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sigh......
I concluded the site had "malicious content" because of that is what the Google's message stated.
This site IS allowed under Google guidelines because it does not promote paintball guns or equipment. This site sells protective gear and clothing only.

[ Edited ]
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:

Display URL: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Policy violation: Malicious content
Details & instructions: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1308246?hl=en#fix

It was a parked domain with paused ads at that time.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove links which have the potential to put other members at risk.

As a best practice, please do not ever post links to sites that are suspected of having Malware in this or any other public forum.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
And, did you find any malicious content?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The site didn't even exist at the time. It was a parked domain (I think godaddy). Adwords ads existed, but they were not running.

The malicious content didn't make sense.   We were told by Google rep in this forum that the current issue was ads (paused) that did not go to landing pages that actually existed (they had a 404 result).  These ads were only in the account for the historical information they contained.  I have since backed up this data offline and deleted those ads.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Those seem to be two different violations unrelated. Since the site was not created at the time of the first violation, now it's a different violation related to the core business model.

K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where do you get any information about there being a violation on the core business model? This site was built from specific guidance from Google to be compliant. This site does not sell or promote restricted items. Nothing I have seen indicates anything about "core business model". Are you making an assumption, or do you have information that states this "core business model" is a problem?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Please read the link I provided - under guns and parts

K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
K T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe,
I am very familiar with that policy and have talked with Google reps about it.
This site DOES NOT SELL PAINTBALL GUNS, PART, or ACCESSORIES.

Not to trying to be rude, I see that you are a volunteer and your time is limited/valuable, but have you looked at the site? Tippmannparts-outlet.com.