AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding the source of ads to some videos.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there!

I posted this question before but it seems to have possibly been lost, and I am not sure where to turn to.

I had a question or two regarding the source of some ads running on some videos on Youtube.  

It is not clear whether the ads are from the Youtube Users, or whether they are from copyright owners to music included in the videos through Content ID.

I work for Burning Man's Intellectual Property team, and we have an intellectual property interest in each of these videos.

Is there a way I can go about finding the source/generator of these ads -- whether through the user, or through a copyright owner to content in the video through ContentID?  

Any help would be much appreciated!  

Here are two videos, only as examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPQn9TLpPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxRAg9Pcpm4

If more convenient, please feel free to email me directly at:

nathan@burningman.com

Thank you!

Nathan

Burning Man Intellectual Property Team

nathan@burningman.com

Re: Question regarding the source of ads to some videos.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathan,

Your question was asked on this thread and was answered by several community users.

Thanks,

Zee
G+

Re: Question regarding the source of ads to some videos.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

Perhaps I should not have repeated a question in this forum?  Please excuse me, in case I violated the forum's terms of use.  I am just trying to get clarity, and am not sure where to go to.

As you may see in that thread you linked to, only one person -- Jon -- responded to the thread.  He responded twice.  My question(s) was not definitively answered the first time he responded, while Jon then said he was going to get back to me the following day with "a better reply."  I have not heard from him since then (a week ago), and I wondered if he was indefinitely away, and if someone else could answer my query.  Hence why I reposted.

Is there anyone I can contact directly about sourcing ads between the User or through content owners in the videos through Content ID?  

Nathan