AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question on "Policy Issue: Site Not Working"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a suspended site email that said "Policy issue: Site not working/"  My display URL is allpaws dot com and my destination URL is comingsoon dot allpaws dot com - which redirects to allpaws dot com.  I was not aware of my site being down.  If it was, it was temporary as it's live now and otherwise has been straight through.  Is this just a case of the site being down for a blip and it triggered this or am I missing something regarding landing page rules?  Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question on "Policy Issue: Site Not Working"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
No, this is not because the site was down for a blip. In fact, this is one case where I'm very confident that I know what the problem is. You are violating the AdWords Information Harvesting policy. More info can be found on this policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190438?hl=en

Once you resolve this issue, you need to contact Google using the process here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375414?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I agree with Dave;
The primary purpose of the site seems to be collecting personal emails, This is a clear violation
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All I'm asking for is email address. It's a coming soon page and the email address is for notifying people when we launch. The policy violation info link they provided was https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Correct;
Google does not disclose the specific reason for the violation; - it just refers the user to the Policy website - implying "make sure that you comply will all sections". We are trying to help on that based on our experience, by identifying the main section violated.
Having said that, there could be other violations, I can't see since did not check all your site;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Darrell,
If the destination URL was the problem that they gave you, I can 100% guarantee that you will be hit with with an information harvesting violation too.

Take a step back and ask yourself...what exactly is the purpose of that particular landing page? It's SOLE purpose is to collect an email address. A secondary purpose may be to forward them to another page, but the ONLY goal of that landing page is to collect an address. Nothing else can be done unless that goal is achieved. There's no content on the page. Trust me, I've seen this a thousand times. This is an information harvesting page. Whether your intentions are good or bad, this is how Google will see it too.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, just give you the facts. Many people get banned for life for not being aware of the advertising policies. If you can avoid a banning, you should.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Ohhh...Dave posted simultaneously with me.. Essentially you got the same answer from both of us.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I arrived through the contact page for AdWords , the Ask Experts Ask now link and what do I find ?

Are you Google Employees ? Why do you make claims for Google ?

The "Partner" link in the signature of "Expert" Dave leads to "Profile unavailable
The profile of this company is not currently available, either because they are not currently qualified,"

And the website from the other person's profile is a google plus page ? Even the website from him Google Partner page cycles back to .... the same Google Partner page. So a person with no website makes comment about other businesses with a website ?

What cruel prank is this ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

OK, if you don't want to take my advice, fine. Your loss. I can't make you listen to me.

For the record, no, most of us here don't work for Google. This is the community support forum. It's a peer to peer forum. We're helping you for free out of the goodness of our hearts because we have a lot of experience with AdWords and with online advertising in general.

I for one have never made claims for Google. I have simply pointed you to black and white facts that they have published.

As for the link in my sig, thank you, I wasn't aware that it's broken.
Also, for the record, I work for a digital marketing agency called Redfly Marketing www.redflymarketing.com We do have a website and we manage millions of dollars of clients AdWords spend per month.

You don't want my advice, that's your prerogative. Don't shoot the messenger.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello again;

You don't need to go that far to other resources..Smiley Happy.Hovering with the mouse over our names will show our credentials;

We do not work at Google. Google's employees are clearly marked next to their nicknames;

This is "peer to peer" community (as all other Google's help forums), in which experienced advertisers  try to help other users. It's entirely up to you, whether to follow our advice or not...

-Moshe