AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question about video ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am trying to understand why Google suspended my account and I would be grateful if any of you experienced Adwords users could help me. I know Google feels it is under no obligation to give a reason, but I would like to try to understand nonetheless.

I am a new user, so there is not history of wrongdoing. I sell a harmless product that is organically certified and has passed repeated quality tests. I was told that there were some technical issues related to the configuration of my ads, but this seemed to become irrelevant when I deleted everything from my Adwords account. After I deleted everything, I was told I was still not in compliance.

So, my best guess is that the suspension had something to do with the video I was trying to link to, a video I made for Facebook, not for Adwords:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EIB00MIlmU

Possible reasons I can think of are:

- The video was loaded to my personal YouTube account (I subsequently changed the user name to the company name, in the hope that this would help)

- The video does not mention the company in the title

- The video has chunkichilli.com (my company url) shown in the closing credits

- Google does not allow advertising aimed at children

- The video content is too "adult"

It's a moot point now, because Google does not seem interested in reconsidering, but it would help me if somebody could enlighten me as to why Google might have felt a ban was necessary. (It goes without saying that I would have changed anything if they had only told me what needed changing).

Many thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about video ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Bounceologist;

If I recall correctly; you posted in the past, on another site of yours that had been suspended.

Once suspended, you cannot advertise with Google anymore, no matter what you are selling / promoting.

The best advice I can give is to try to email Customer Service. If they are unresponsive - there is nothing much we could do.

Sorry I can't be more helpful !

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe TLV,

Many thanks for your reply. This is the same case I was talking about before. There is only one case. Is there anything specifically about this video that Google would object to?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Bounceologist;

What is the landing page you are trying to promote:?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EIB00MIlmU

My understanding from the messages Google sent is that a video ad can only have the video as the landing page.

But actually, I am not trying to promote this page. It's a video I used for something else and I was just trying it to see how a video ad works.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Bounceologist;

I am a bit confused; In your first post you wrote that the landing page / site suspended was this one:

http://www.chunkichilli.com.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe TLV,

The point is that a video ad can promote a website without that being the landing page. The idea was to create a set-up like the one in Google's own advert for its video advertising service. The advert showed a toy company that had created a series of animated video stories using its own toys.

Without a reason from Google, I have no way of knowing if the problem was with the website or with the specific video I was trying to use. I mentioned chunkichilli.com before because that is the website I ultimately wanted to promote, but not as the landing page. I can't think what Google would find objectionable in the website, so I am guessing that the problem had something to do with the video. I explained to Google the set-up I wanted to use, having the video as the landing page. The URL chunkichilli.com appeared at the end of the video. I am guessing that there was a problem with this set-up, or with the video itself, but if not then the suspension is a mystery to me.

Thanks anyway.