AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question about video ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am trying to understand why Google suspended my account and I would be grateful if any of you experienced Adwords users could help me. I know Google feels it is under no obligation to give a reason, but I would like to try to understand nonetheless.

I am a new user, so there is not history of wrongdoing. I sell a harmless product that is organically certified and has passed repeated quality tests. I was told that there were some technical issues related to the configuration of my ads, but this seemed to become irrelevant when I deleted everything from my Adwords account. After I deleted everything, I was told I was still not in compliance.

So, my best guess is that the suspension had something to do with the video I was trying to link to, a video I made for Facebook, not for Adwords:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EIB00MIlmU

Possible reasons I can think of are:

- The video was loaded to my personal YouTube account (I subsequently changed the user name to the company name, in the hope that this would help)

- The video does not mention the company in the title

- The video has chunkichilli.com (my company url) shown in the closing credits

- Google does not allow advertising aimed at children

- The video content is too "adult"

It's a moot point now, because Google does not seem interested in reconsidering, but it would help me if somebody could enlighten me as to why Google might have felt a ban was necessary. (It goes without saying that I would have changed anything if they had only told me what needed changing).

Many thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about video ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Bounceologist;

If I recall correctly; you posted in the past, on another site of yours that had been suspended.

Once suspended, you cannot advertise with Google anymore, no matter what you are selling / promoting.

The best advice I can give is to try to email Customer Service. If they are unresponsive - there is nothing much we could do.

Sorry I can't be more helpful !

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe TLV,

Many thanks for your reply. This is the same case I was talking about before. There is only one case. Is there anything specifically about this video that Google would object to?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Bounceologist;

What is the landing page you are trying to promote:?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EIB00MIlmU

My understanding from the messages Google sent is that a video ad can only have the video as the landing page.

But actually, I am not trying to promote this page. It's a video I used for something else and I was just trying it to see how a video ad works.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Bounceologist;

I am a bit confused; In your first post you wrote that the landing page / site suspended was this one:

http://www.chunkichilli.com.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe TLV,

The point is that a video ad can promote a website without that being the landing page. The idea was to create a set-up like the one in Google's own advert for its video advertising service. The advert showed a toy company that had created a series of animated video stories using its own toys.

Without a reason from Google, I have no way of knowing if the problem was with the website or with the specific video I was trying to use. I mentioned chunkichilli.com before because that is the website I ultimately wanted to promote, but not as the landing page. I can't think what Google would find objectionable in the website, so I am guessing that the problem had something to do with the video. I explained to Google the set-up I wanted to use, having the video as the landing page. The URL chunkichilli.com appeared at the end of the video. I am guessing that there was a problem with this set-up, or with the video itself, but if not then the suspension is a mystery to me.

Thanks anyway.