AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question about advertising

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm curently trying to get approved for Adwords and to advertise my football tips website but it seems Google won't allow me to do it, getting new things to modify every time i update and re-apply.

I find this very frustrating, since there are already a few sites that do that via Adwords and my website is not different from those in what implies content and bussiness model.

Anyone having a solution ? 

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about advertising

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Trif.
It's pretty difficult to give advice without knowing what your site URL is, what errors you're getting off Google and what your business model is exactly.

If you share these, we might be able to assist more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Dave,

My website is williamtips.com

Any ideas ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Trif,
As requested, please provide the error or message that you got from Google as well as your business model.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

They said i violate they policy. They say i do not suit for an aggregator account and that i would require a license from UK Gambling Comission, which further said that i do not require a license for the activity i conduct, as i'm not a gambling operator and my activity fits under "Gambling and related products".

How does getmybet.com, getsafetips.com and many more advertise via Adwords ? I asked this too but they briefly responded that i should fill out they complain form if i think a website violates they policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

They said i violate they policy. They say i do not suit for an aggregator account and that i would require a license from UK Gambling Comission, which further said that i do not require a license for the activity i conduct, as i'm not a gambling operator and my activity fits under "Gambling and related products".

How does getmybet .com , getsafetips .com and many more advertise via Adwords ? I asked this too but they briefly responded that i should fill out they complain form if i think a website violates they policy.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Trif,
I cannot help you if you don't answer my questions. I've asked twice, I wont ask again. I tried.

For now, I'll just have to tell you to listen to what Google support says and if you have a problem with your competitors, fill out the complaint form. Best of luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I contacted Google again and i was surprised finding out that they thought my website was an online gambling solution, not a tips provider. They sustained it by saying "You have a membership system, login and register". How can you say that after stating that "we analyzed your website and it does not fit for an aggregator account" ?