AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question about Birth Control

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Can you help me to figure out the "Birth Control" rule point

Does the topic "Maternal and fetal medicine" fall within the prohibited subjects?

Particularly the following topics:

• Prenatal care
  • Prenatal care programme
  • Ultrasound exam of pregnancy
  • Amniocentesis
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Birth control is restricted in certain countries.

The issue is not the topic but rather the product:

Please review the Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Question about Birth Control

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The AdWords technical support service (judging by the copyright in the letter – it’s a Russian office) rejected our adverts referring to this item "Birth control".I re-read this paragraph of the rules and I did not find where exactly we violate it.We DO NOT DO/OFFER: abortion, artificial insemination, infertility treatment, etc. And we DO NOT SELL any drugs. In general, we do not sell drugs. So I do not understand how we can violate the item "Birth control"? In technical support it was recommended to delete the entire section of our site on "Maternal and fetal Medicine"! That according to them this section contravenes the rules of advertising within the issue "Birth control." But as I said earlier, there are only prenatal care services (ultrasound, consultation, etc.). I strongly disagree with the fact that our clinic is engaged in something that is forbidden for advertising. What should I do in this situation?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

We volunteer here. We do not work at Google. Google is the sole arbitrator to make a decision whether a site violates the Policy or not.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem with a customer in italy that sell "sexy shop" products

Regards,

Luca