AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Question about Adwords & Duplicate content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello contributors,

I'm planning to start promoting one of my "how-to" guides with Adwords PPC. However, I'm a bit concerned about the duplicate content issue.

So, let's pretend I have a blog post about "How to create a website", but in order to get better QS and conversions (reader engagement) I need to create different pages for different search strings.

For example:

"how to create a fashion website" - different adgroup page url: mysite.com/howtocreateafashionwebsite

"how to create a recipe website" - different adgroup page url: mysite.com/howtocreatearecipewebsite

"how to create an e-shop website" - different adgroup

"how to create a simple website" - different adgroup page url: mysite.com/howtocreateasimplewbsite

etc..

Please note that all those pages have SOMEWHAT similar content (only the headings and a some of the sentences are different).

My questions is: Is that allowed in Adwords? Obviously in organic search I'll get penalized by having almost identical content on different pages. To avoid that I'm planning to block those URL's from Google to crawl.

Looking forward to your answers,

Mikk

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about Adwords & Duplicate content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Manxiboy,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

AdWords does not consider the duplicate content in different landing page. It is good if you have relevant landing page with different keywords.
You can perform the multiple landing page testing with changing the headlines of the landing page.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Question about Adwords & Duplicate content

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
I will give a more general answer;
The concept of "spreading" keywords on a landing page, "thinking" that this would make the page relevant and high ranked by Google's bots  - has long been gone...
Google's bots are much more "smart" and shophistaceted.

The guideline is :" write to a human being. Have relevant content to the user's search queries". The content is the king - technicality gimmicks are out,

And last:  I would not recommend to block the crawlers- Google doesn't like that.....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’