AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting news websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have experience promoting news websites? I am unable to understand how Google applies the "sensitive content" policy in this regard. Often, an ad would get rejected on the basis of sensitive content, or "promotion of violence", even though the ad has no such thing, and is simply linking to a legitimate article that is reporting a news event. I am starting to think Adwords is unable to support that kind of advertising, due to inconsistencies in what gets approved and what gets rejected. My sites do not promote violence and simply report the news, but reviewers don't seem to be consistent in how they interpret policies.  

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mazen W
September 2015

Re: Promoting news websites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Google does NOT disclose this information. The list of topics /subjects change . (I don't know how frequent)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting. This is becoming problematic because of the frequency of rejections and inconsistencies. More troubling, an ad that was previously approved would suddenly get rejected, even when paused. I've seen cases where this has led to a suspension, and attempts to reach Google policy experts for explanation or clarification have been futile.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Google does NOT disclose this information. The list of topics /subjects change . (I don't know how frequent)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting. This is becoming problematic because of the frequency of rejections and inconsistencies. More troubling, an ad that was previously approved would suddenly get rejected, even when paused. I've seen cases where this has led to a suspension, and attempts to reach Google policy experts for explanation or clarification have been futile.