I've read the policy couple of times but I want to make sure I understand it correctly.
In order to promote gambling you need to have few things:
1. a link to gambleaware / responsible gambling
2. mention that it's for 18+
3. certification from the gambling commission.
So 1 & 2 are clear but the 3rd one is not so much.
Q-1. By having the certification from the gambling commission, grants me the title "certified by Google"?
Q-2. Once you get the approval to promote gambling, you need to submit a request for each country you want to promote.
so there are few countries I am looking into that has the same restriction which I'm not sure I fully understand, "Google allows ads promoting the following online gambling by state licensed entities" - does that means I need a specific certification from that country? or it does not require any specific certification.
for example, for UK, you specifically request "registered with the Gambling Commission and provides a valid operating license number"
It seems to be very hard for understanding and I know I'll have to build a specific landing page in order to advertise with google. before I am doing it, I just need it to be clearer.
Thank you for taking your time reading this
Hey, thanks for replying
i have some other questions that are not specific to the countries, but that reminds me.
This list, not all of the countries that mentioned in the main guide exist, does that means that there is no need for any license or any approval to promote in these countries ( such as Canada , Norway)
Your want to promote gambling-related services/product that is allowed only with limitations in Canada.
Limitations means two principal pre-conditions:
1. Promotion is only allowed for State-Licensed entities
2. You need a Google certification for Canada that you can apply for here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6018017?hl=en#apply
1. Online Gambling:
Google allows ads promoting the following online gambling products by state-licensed entities:
- Online gambling
- Online bingo
- Sports betting
- Online casino games
2. Gambling-Related products
Google allows ads promoting the following gambling-related products by state-licensed entities:
- Gambling-related promotional products such as gambling-related vouchers, bonus codes, etc.
- Gambling-related tutoring and educational materials such as books and e-books
- Gambling-related information such as tips, odds, and handicapping
- Gambling-related lotteries
Hope you got your answer.
Thanks a lot Aslam!
if you don't mind me asking about a specific site such as 888.com.
they are not stating anywhere that they are regulated in CA or anything about Canada but it's well known that this company is licensed and regulated. 888.com is publicly traded on the Stock Exchange.
Do I need to provide any proof before I request to promote a specific casino site in Canada or Norway for example..?
If you can answer about this specific casino site as an example it would be perfect for me to understand how it works.