AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting Play Store App Installs as an affiliate using 3rd party tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to drive traffic to an app on Play Store. I don't own the application, im an affiliate who gets a commision from a third party per install. The third party also doesn't own the application, but I need to use their link and drive the traffic through their servers if I want my commisions to count. In addition I want to send the traffic through another third party tracking service (https://voluum.com) to be able to monitor and optimize my campaign more conveniently. So the redirect chain would be on click on my ad to the third party tracker campaign link and from there to the third party network, who is brokering the offer though my unique affiliate link.  Am I allowed to do that on google adwords. If yes, how should I set up the campaign (never worked with adwords before). Also howcome reaching google official support is so hard to reach?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Promoting Play Store App Installs as an affiliate using 3rd party tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Affiliates are a very sensitive issue. Technically, you are allowed. I would be cautious, though, to promote a service / product  without  a control on the content of  the landing page (or the app). If the app found in violation of the Policy, you will be suspended without a power to make changes and fix. (Because you are not the owner). And until the violation is fixed, you will not be allowed to return and advertise.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’