AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting Betting Tipping Website in UK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was wondering what Google's policy on betting tipping websites is? I've read that you need a license through the Gambling Commission, but I've also read that license doesn't exist for betting tipping, even though Google state that it is okay to advertise betting tipping and all other gambling websites in the UK (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176014?hl=en#). Do I need to show the bookmakers Gambling Commission ID, so they can see the ones I am promoting are under license? 

Thanks,

Pete

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promoting Betting Tipping Website in UK

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;

Here is the reference from the Policy  related to the UK:

Google allows ads promoting the following gambling-related products as long as the advertiser is registered with the Gambling Commission and provides a valid operating license number.

• Gambling-related promotional products such as gambling-related vouchers, bonus codes, etc.
  • Gambling-related tutoring and educational materials such as books and e-books
  • Gambling-related information such as tips, odds, and handicapping
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply,

The problem I have with this is that it says that it only accepts websites that have a license under the Gambling Commission, but you can't get a license from the Gambling Commission for betting tipping websites. So, if I provide the bookmaker's Gambling License ID that I am promoting, will that be enough to get approved? Or is there another way these other betting tipping websites are getting approved, such as demonstrating they have a very large budget?

Thanks,

Pete

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again....

hmm....interesting...

We might need to refer the case to Google to comment;

But before doing so:

The "tipping site" you are promoting - is it owned by the same entity as the gambling site you are promoting OR these are two different companies?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is a tip Peter if you get to the point to promote the site, google gives away vouchers for new clients

http://www.google.co.uk/adwords/coupons/