AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Product, that is meant for weight loss

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I have a client, that sell product for weight loss. I know that, if i want to advertise this product through AdWords i need to be careful because of policies.

As my client claims, this product is organic, basically it is a fruit, but still it's for weight loss. 

As i know, this product doesn't have human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), so this part meets Google policies.

I know that in ad copy i can't write misleading things such as weight loss... (am i correct?)

The thing that worries me is that in the website it is said - fat will burn 10-15kg in a month. I'm no doctor, but... Smiley Very Happy

Maybe someone have a suggestion what can i do? This could be a big client of mine, but i don't want my account to be suspended.

Maybe somone has an expierence with weight loss products in AdWords and can give me a advice?

Thanks!

Arvis

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Weight loss is a very sensitive business to promote on Google (search the community for weight loss.... You'll find many discussions)

Any claim about weight loss goals must be within the common acceptable practice(s) of the secumtiofic community. "fat will burn 10-15 kg in a month" is certainly not within this practice....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply.

I agree, this is very sensitive business to promote.

Ok, i will search community for weight loss Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Don't mention specific weight amounts (like 6kg)

Don't mention time frames (like 2 weeks)

Don't mention anything that sounds like a guarantee or promise (like money-back guarantee)

Any testimonials, including before/after pictures, must have a clear disclaimer. Use an asterisk for every testimonial and the disclaimer must be in the same size font.

Often implementing these will negatively affect the conversion rate of your site for non-AdWords visitors so consider making a site just for AdWords.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

@MosheTLV and @RobSkelton are absolutely correct. You can try and see if you can run ads, but if you do get suspended - STOP. Don't keep trying to get the account re-approved without a good faith effort to resolve any policy violations. And, absolutely do not attempt to create another account to get around the suspension. That may result in permanent suspension, and you won't have any recourse at that point.

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Rob

Thanks for your advice. You definately helped me.

I will follow your recommendations!

Arvis

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Tom

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, account suspension is the last thing i want.

I told my client that he need to change text in his website. For example, there were informaton about "15kg loss in a month" and i told him to remove it. Does changing text in website has to do anything about AdWords?

Arvis

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

Yes... In that, you have to comply with policies to advertise. Smiley Happy"Superfluous claims" are definitely not allowed. As @MosheTLV and @RobSkelton have already said. Smiley Happy

Tom