AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Problem uploading text ads due to destination URL problem

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I'm having issues uploading bulk text ad changes made using AdWords editor (version 11.1.3).

I'm getting an error uploading the new changes due to the destination URL, here's the error:

Invalid Destination URL. To post the text ad, edit the Destination URL.

The account is really large so it's difficult to export the ads to manually copy & paste the destination URL / final URL to solve the issue.

Anyone know any easy ways to resolve?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem uploading text ads due to destination URL problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I had similar issues recently... try selecting all the ads and then clicking on the URL options link (this is in the small menu just below the window with all the ads in it) and adding the url as the Final URL instead - this seems to work.

There is an update for the Editor - this might be resolved, but I've not tested as yet....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply Steve, I've tried this but as the URL's all differ I don't think it's going to work using copy and paste and there's too many to do it manually.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
hmmm - just a thought, but could you export the full account to excel and then copy the destination url column across the final url column? If you had added a final url to the first ad, then column would presumably be there... I haven't done this or even looked to see if it's possible, but it might work....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I did try this one but I was having issues due to the size of the account; I'd tried exporting my current selection but this was exporting the whole account, which was too large to filter and sort and I was concerned about adjusting anything else from the account.