AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Prescription refill request form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I am a veterinarian interested in using google adwords but I have heard that I cannot have a prescription refill form on my website without have some sort of online pharmacy certification. Can you explain this a bit more?

If I have a prescription refill form, it is simply a way for my clients to email me to let me know I need to fill a prescription that they pickup in my clinic. I am not selling any pharmaceuticals online nor do I plan to. Can I keep my electronic prescription refill form online and use adwords?  

Thank you,
Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Prescription refill request form

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Please read the online pharmacy Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en#

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So this is exactly the problem.  I keep getting referred to the "online Pharmacy policy."  We do NOT have an online pharmacy nor do we plan to have one.  We have a brick and mortar pharmacy that we use to dispense medications for clients that physically come into the clinic.  We have a website that allows our clients to contact us via email when one of their animals that we have seen before may need a refill and they still have to come into our facility to pick up the medication...apparently this is what "classifies" us as an "online Pharmacy" in Google's eyes.  I want to know if can use adwords without having to obtain a special pharmacy certification that costs anywhere between $750-$1500 per year just so I can have my clients email me.  Is Google willing to make, or even hear, an exception to the policy for this very common scenario?

Thank you,

Tony

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Tony;

>>>"We have a brick and mortar pharmacy that we use to dispense medications for clients that physically come into the clinic. We have a website that allows our clients to contact us via email when one of their animals that we have seen before may need a refill and they still have to come into our facility to pick up the medication...apparently this is what "classifies" us as an "online Pharmacy" in Google's eyes." - Correct: "Google AdWords allows the promotion of prescription collection and delivery services with restrictions. We certify licensed online pharmacies in only select countries"[1].

Read the Policy:[1]

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en#

My view- After the hefty fine Google paid for letting online pharmacies promote their business on Google Adwo... - I do not foresee a near future change in the Policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’