AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Prescription refill request form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I am a veterinarian interested in using google adwords but I have heard that I cannot have a prescription refill form on my website without have some sort of online pharmacy certification. Can you explain this a bit more?

If I have a prescription refill form, it is simply a way for my clients to email me to let me know I need to fill a prescription that they pickup in my clinic. I am not selling any pharmaceuticals online nor do I plan to. Can I keep my electronic prescription refill form online and use adwords?  

Thank you,
Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Prescription refill request form

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Please read the online pharmacy Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en#

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So this is exactly the problem.  I keep getting referred to the "online Pharmacy policy."  We do NOT have an online pharmacy nor do we plan to have one.  We have a brick and mortar pharmacy that we use to dispense medications for clients that physically come into the clinic.  We have a website that allows our clients to contact us via email when one of their animals that we have seen before may need a refill and they still have to come into our facility to pick up the medication...apparently this is what "classifies" us as an "online Pharmacy" in Google's eyes.  I want to know if can use adwords without having to obtain a special pharmacy certification that costs anywhere between $750-$1500 per year just so I can have my clients email me.  Is Google willing to make, or even hear, an exception to the policy for this very common scenario?

Thank you,

Tony

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Tony;

>>>"We have a brick and mortar pharmacy that we use to dispense medications for clients that physically come into the clinic. We have a website that allows our clients to contact us via email when one of their animals that we have seen before may need a refill and they still have to come into our facility to pick up the medication...apparently this is what "classifies" us as an "online Pharmacy" in Google's eyes." - Correct: "Google AdWords allows the promotion of prescription collection and delivery services with restrictions. We certify licensed online pharmacies in only select countries"[1].

Read the Policy:[1]

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en#

My view- After the hefty fine Google paid for letting online pharmacies promote their business on Google Adwo... - I do not foresee a near future change in the Policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’