AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Posting ads in unsupported languages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A couple of questions I am trying to get answered.

1. Is it against Google policy to post an ad in an unsupported language? 

2. Is it against Google policy to post an ad in a supported language (for example, English), but point it to a site or page that is in an unsupported language? (for example Somali)

I ask these questions because my client requires that we promote news articles in different languages, but some of these languages are not currently supported by Google. I don't see a policy about this, but I did get some mixed results trying to post in an unsupported language (some approved, some rejected). 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Posting ads in unsupported languages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You cannot have ads in unsupported languages (the system won't accept that)
As for having a landing page in different language - this is allowed (as long as the content of landing page complies). But, this be would "spending money " - targeting English speakers while directing them to a landing page in another language. Your QS probably will be poor.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank Moshe. For the second question, the idea is to target bilingual readers in a country with a language not supported by Google, but who can otherwise (better) understand the text of the landing page (which itself is presented in multiple languages).

While I have your attention. Are there any issues with using keywords in an unsupported language in an ad group?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sorry for the late reply;
I do not think that you can use keywords in an unsupported language. The system will not recognize the ad will NOT match them with a search query
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
FYI, I got this from Google:

"For an ad to be approved, both the ad text and the landing page must be in a language that is supported by us."

So no landing pages in a different language.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks for updating;

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Mazen W,

we had it similar in Croatia some years ago. The go around solution for us was to create landing pages in english or some supported language, and send the visitor there. there was a language button to translate the LP to the local language.
But to take advantage of this option, your audience has to use the supported language for search.....

Posting ads in unsupported languages

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.