AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Policy violations ignored by adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help and I'm beyond frustration......

For 6 weeks now an ad has been running that is clearly in violation of Google's pharmaceutical policy. This company is advertising to purchase a prescription drug online. I have filled Google's Ad Violation form out MULTIPLE TIMES. I have called Google Adwords MULTIPLE TIMES. I called the NABP and they confirmed that this company is NOT VIPPS approved and THEY contacted Google. I sent an email to Google's legal team today and STILL this ad continues to run.

It has been 6 weeks!!!

Is there favoritism happening? Does this guy know someone at Google who is manually overriding the system and allowing these ads to run? Why is this advertiser allowed to run when they are clearly in violation of Google's adwords policy?

This is the link to their ad - http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=CfhExNJlqUvqxEMW6ggfJuoGYD9TAsJsErKbol2_JybXdKggAEAFQ94jfzwNgyd6n...

Somebody....... anybody....... PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Policy violations ignored by adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

well...if they are based in the US and have a license for online pharmacy - they comply;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, they are based in the US. No, they do not have a license for an online pharmacy. I called the NABP who licenses online pharmacies and confirmed that they are not approved. In addition, the NABP does not condone this company's method of providing a prescription product.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@Jane;
Case was escalated to Google for investigation; Please some patient. This may take a while.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Google reported that action was taken. Please check

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you SO MUCH MosheTLV! I Sincerely appreciate your feedback and assistance!! It appears that they may not be running under the primary keyword, but they are still running under keywords that contain the prescription word. "Latisse" is the prescription products name. Their ad was not there today under the keyword "Latisse". But they are still advertising under "Latisse Price", etc. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Could you please upload a screenshot so Google could investigate further?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would be happy to. How do I upload it to this post?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Use the "full reply editor" (below the "post" button) . Then, on the menu bar use "upload a picture"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV! I couldn't find the "full reply editor" so I created a new post with links. The post is titled - Adwords Policy Violators - ( ‎31-10-2013 08:44 AM )

Thank you AGAIN for your help. You are the ONLY person who has been able to adequately address this issue!!

** ps - after I started typing the "Full Reply Editor" link appeared. Smiley Sad If you don't find my new post I will use that for my next communication.