AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Policy violation report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A week ago, I reported a competitor that is violating the double serving policy. It's as clear as day. I spoke to a Google rep about it and they told me to report it via the form. I did, and have not seen any action. Can someone from Google check and see if this case was looked at and if not, escalate it? The report id is 2-3652000002104.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Policy violation report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have not heard anything from Google as of yet.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

You were given the correct information when you were asked to fill out the offiicial form. That is the way to report suspected policy vioiations.  Google takes these reports very seriously and all reports filed are investigated, but the results of their investigations are not shared publicly. In other words, all you can do is to make the report--any further action is up to Google. 

There is really nothing you or anyone here on this public forum can to do expedite the process. Once you've filled out the report, you've done all that's in your power to do. 

(I would also mention that it's a mistake to underestimate how much time the investigation procedure might take. I realize that a month is a very long time to you, since this is a competitor, but it's not really that long when looked at objectively. This is the busiest advertising season of the year, which means a corresponding increase in the workload for all teams that work with Google ads.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa. I guess you are right. A month seems like a long time to me but I guess Google will get to it. I did see some others getting their cases escalated by posting on this forum though so I figured I'd try and see if that would help.