AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Policy for quiz-style landingpages (does policy only apply to the fist page a user lands on?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have seen a couple of sites that use quiz style landingpages and redirect you to a sales pitch once the quiz is completed.

The quiz style landingpages adhere to adwords polices and you have to click through a couple of pages until you get to the offer. 

But once you get to the offer page, they go berzerk - almost no adherence to policies at all, very aggressive copy.

Here's an example:

http://getandstayhard.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAyanCBRDkiO6M_rDroH0SJAAfZ4KL3EcIrglbSg_Blptl6d5ailJb_ie8dBh...

(not a quiz, but at the bottom of the page you are offered 2 click options, one is a link to educational content, the other goes directly to the aggressive landingpage) 

So my question is:

How "deep" does the adwords policy apply? Does adwords only care about what you say on the very fist page the user lands on and once he clicks through to other pages within your domain, you can say whatever you want?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Policy for quiz-style landingpages (does policy only apply to the fist page a user lands on?)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Heinrich H;

Generally speaking, the policy applies to a whole  site, especially if the next page is a "click away" from the landing page;

PS: your landing does not comply with the Policy. I mentioned in my other reply that all claims  about health issues must be verified and well within the common acceptable medical  practices (by the medical community)  and comply with local regulations;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for your input, it's not my site tho, just a random example I found.

like you pointed out, it does not comply with Policy at all, yet I've seen it running on adwords for months.