AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Policy Violation Reporting Yields Nothing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My AdWords account was suspended due to a "Policy Violation" in the health care supplement category.

Last year I had a difficult time getting Merchant Center to accept the products and AdWords to approve the ads.  When I finally got everything working (no thanks to Google support who tells you they can't tell you the words violating the policy) my ads were running for several months and business was growing.

Then, BAM!  I get a notice my account has been suspended and there's nothing I can do.  My business dies in its tracks. However, I monitor Google for "CBD Oil" and lots of advertisers still remain. One, in particular, still remains today enjoying a exclusive monopoly for the keywords.  After months of reporting, calling, and rejected emails from the legal department, nothing has changed.  One company enjoys all the ads to themselves.

This is such a double standard it's ridiculous!  Google knows of this company's violations but does nothing!  My business is dead and they continue to advertise the SAME EXACT PRODUCTS.

The Google Team doesn't care, their reporting tools are a waste of time, and they just do as they please with no regard whatsoever for the businesses they harm. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Policy Violation Reporting Yields Nothing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok;
How did you report? You MUST report using this link, in order for the complaint to be routed to the team processing healthcare complaints.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Oops; EDIT

Your screenshot also contains  a violation of the merchant center;

This violation MUST  be reported using this link;

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy?hl=en&p=shop

Is this the linked used?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can you upload screenshots of the ads in violation, and a link to the destination URL of these ads?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok;
How did you report? You MUST report using this link, in order for the complaint to be routed to the team processing healthcare complaints.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Oops; EDIT

Your screenshot also contains  a violation of the merchant center;

This violation MUST  be reported using this link;

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy?hl=en&p=shop

Is this the linked used?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This sounds like a gov't runaround. I thought the private sector was supposed to be more efficient than gov't Smiley Happy I reported a violation of an Ad Policy, in what I thought was the right place, Google AdWords, only to find out I ALSO need to report it to Merchant Center!

Why wouldn't the recipient of the numerous reports I submitted take it up with their own internal department for proper action if it violates their policy?

My submissions have all been with this form...
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1#ts=6006595

I'll now try reporting this to Merchant Center as well.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Well.... I do agree that Google has much more to do to improve complaint processing However, do remember that this is a big company and not all products are "harmonized" among each other

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe, any update regarding this? we have a product that is a dietary supplement, perfectly safe, non-psychoactive and not unlawful, yet our ads are pulling down the moment we post.