AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Pleasure Gel / Lubricant - Disapproved YouTube Video Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

My TrueView Video Ad of which the product is a pleasure gel / lubricant, has been disapproved, flagged with "[Family status] Unacceptable Image/Video Content". I swear I had done all the age filtering on the ad and the video itself, and there is no explicit adult scenes whatsoever.

A Google staff replied, simply telling me that birth controls are not allowed to promote on Google properties in my region. But first, my product is a lubricant, not any birth control products like condoms; and second, I really don't see my product falling into any category of the Restricted Products and Services List: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/topic/1308252.

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks a lot.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Pleasure Gel / Lubricant - Disapproved YouTube Video Ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Priscilla,

I understand your point, pleasure gel / lubricant seems to be non family safe content and  there are some restrictions for "non-family safe" content in some countries.

Could you please provide me more details (targeted location, video content, etc.) and I'll try to help you here.

Best,

Aj