AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Pleasure Gel / Lubricant - Disapproved YouTube Video Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

My TrueView Video Ad of which the product is a pleasure gel / lubricant, has been disapproved, flagged with "[Family status] Unacceptable Image/Video Content". I swear I had done all the age filtering on the ad and the video itself, and there is no explicit adult scenes whatsoever.

A Google staff replied, simply telling me that birth controls are not allowed to promote on Google properties in my region. But first, my product is a lubricant, not any birth control products like condoms; and second, I really don't see my product falling into any category of the Restricted Products and Services List: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/topic/1308252.

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Pleasure Gel / Lubricant - Disapproved YouTube Video Ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Priscilla,

I understand your point, pleasure gel / lubricant seems to be non family safe content and  there are some restrictions for "non-family safe" content in some countries.

Could you please provide me more details (targeted location, video content, etc.) and I'll try to help you here.

Best,

Aj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Pleasure Gel / Lubricant - Disapproved YouTube Video Ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Priscilla,

I understand your point, pleasure gel / lubricant seems to be non family safe content and  there are some restrictions for "non-family safe" content in some countries.

Could you please provide me more details (targeted location, video content, etc.) and I'll try to help you here.

Best,

Aj