AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Please UNSUSPEND us. Need a human google employee. :(

JSi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
JSi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 years ago we got our account suspended and after reviewing the reasons found that we did in fact violate some google policies without knowing. I was advertising for our business, and I needed to advertise other websites also, but instead of starting new adwords accounts, i used the same one. Turns out that Adwords didnt like some of these sites and got us suspended. That was 2 years ago.

Now during these 2 years, i have been to many Adwords workshops, read books, got up to date on marketing and advertising and even comletely relaunched our website with a comletely new design that has Adwords policies in mind and will improve the user experience dramatically. Now our site no longer violates any policies. All seemed great.

PROBLEM

We tried to contact Adwords and all we get is a robot answering us and since its not human, it cannot understand our unique situation. Turns out that it will not unsuspend us because the ads i had on my account are still linking to my old sites and they say i must fix those sites. Here is the PROBLEM... I no longer own these domains! So how can i edit them? I tried to edit the ads, but it wont allow that. I tried to delete them, but it still reads them. I tried to repurchase the domains so i can edit them but that was not possible either.

I literally replied to this robot email over 10 times explaining that i no longer own or control the domains in question and that i am not interested in fixing or owning them anymore. I will not risk being suspended again and i will only advertise one domain from now on. My current domain does pass all tests and is compliant. So what I am supposed to do if the robot that checks my account does not understand when i say "I no longer own these domains and i cannot edit the landing page anymore". The robot simply says, you didnt edit them and we cannot unsuspend you. The same robot reply over and over. Can a real google person please see our account. It was suspended about 2 years ago and the reason why we waited so long to try to activate it is because we wanted to do things right.

What can we do? We waited over 2 years in learning Adwords to avoid future suspensions, invested thousands of dollars in a new website and we are not allowed because we do not edit webpages we no longer own? That does not make sense. Please help.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Appeal for un-suspension

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 7
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi JSI, 

Landing page qualtiy means that we have flagged the landing page as of poor quality and therefore not beneficial to our users. 

With Landing Page Qualtiy, in most cases, we offer a three strikes then you're out policy. Once you're out, you're out. It's permanent. You are given three chances to fix it and then you're no longer welcome to advertise with us because your site is still not of a suitable quality for our users. 

There are rare cases when you can have a one strike you're out policy and those would be for particualrly egregious landing pages that we never want our users exposed to. 

This policy might seem tough but if our users are not happy with the landing pages that ads take them to, they won't stay Google users and they won't become your customers. It's everyone's interest to have landing pages of a suitable quality for the end user. 

All that said, if you truly beleive that all landing pages that you have ever advertised are now of a suitable quality for our end users (i.e. complying with all of our advertising policies) then you can use the contact us form in the help centre to appeal the suspension. Be sure to detail all of the changes made. My advice here would be really sure that you're in compliance with every single page. Don't just do enough to scrape by the policy, ensure every page is of a really high quality and truly benefical to the end user. An unofficial litmus test I use here is: if my gran were on this page, from reading it would she clearly understand the product or service you are offering and all of the terms and conditions that come with it. Would it have been worth her while to visit your site? Note that all of these changes are no guarantee of re-enabling, simply of re-review. It's very diffiuclt to come back from suspension. We set the bar high becuase our users, your customers, are at stake. 

I hope this helps. Note that this is a loose guideline based on landing page issues in general. I haven't investigated your case in specific.

Ita

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 9
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Moshe, 

It's a good question. Generally, you are responsible for all sites you advertised even if it's now sold/ not renewed. It would have to be fixed before a review would be considered. But remember the violation would have happened while it was being advertising and it should have been fixed before being sold if you inteneded on advertising again in the future. And it would have been three vioaltions or one really serious one. 

Again remember this idea that landing page quality is all about ensuring a positive experience for the user which is good for the advertiser and good for Google. 

Ita

View solution in original post

Re: Please UNSUSPEND us. Need a human google employee. :(

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JSi

Google has a "zero tolerance" policy with advertisers who violate their policies. 

YOU will not be allowed to advertise with AdWords again. Ever. It's right there in their terms and conditions which you agreed to when you started in the first place.

(I don't work for Googe, so don't shoot the messenger)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello JSi; welcome;

You are not the first to present this scenario . This week we had a similar one; (I am quoting the answer given there):

As weird as it sounds, when a web site is linked to an AdWords account, and the site found to be in violation with the Policy, it first has to be brought into compliance with Policy prior to appeal /petition  for un-suspension.

This is true even if you deleted the account, sold the domain or you don't own the domain anymore. We also had thought that this was unreal: so, in the past, we checked that with Google, and this is the answer with received.

I am sorry about that, but as long as you don't fix the site - you cannot appeal for un-suspension.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

JSi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
JSi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your replies.

I didnt renew those 3 domains thinking that i didnt want to have any more problems with Adwords.

So how am i supposed to edit domains i no longer own? Am i supposed to try to purchase the domains again and then edit the sites in order to get accepted again?

Finally, when i do get these domains. Is there some type of design template to follow? I want to invest as little as possible in these domains. I really will not use them ever again, if anything its just to remove the suspension. So what would be the bare minimum to get them approved? A one page design will probably not work right? How many pages should it have? Do you know of  a place that i can purchase a template with the very basic Adwords approved langing pages for these domains? Can it be a blog? or a site that displays an RSS feed or something?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I would just remove the violation.... (What was the domain violation? )

Remember: Google might consider un-suspending you, as long as it was a "domain content" violation . If you violated other sections of the Policy, I doubt that Google would be willing to consider.

And an important note: This my  understanding. Since I am NOT a Google employee, you can end up fixing the domains and Google still unwilling to consider an appeal. As said, when a suspension is imposed - it's forever.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

JSi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
JSi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well they were landing page violations. Whatever that means.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 7
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi JSI, 

Landing page qualtiy means that we have flagged the landing page as of poor quality and therefore not beneficial to our users. 

With Landing Page Qualtiy, in most cases, we offer a three strikes then you're out policy. Once you're out, you're out. It's permanent. You are given three chances to fix it and then you're no longer welcome to advertise with us because your site is still not of a suitable quality for our users. 

There are rare cases when you can have a one strike you're out policy and those would be for particualrly egregious landing pages that we never want our users exposed to. 

This policy might seem tough but if our users are not happy with the landing pages that ads take them to, they won't stay Google users and they won't become your customers. It's everyone's interest to have landing pages of a suitable quality for the end user. 

All that said, if you truly beleive that all landing pages that you have ever advertised are now of a suitable quality for our end users (i.e. complying with all of our advertising policies) then you can use the contact us form in the help centre to appeal the suspension. Be sure to detail all of the changes made. My advice here would be really sure that you're in compliance with every single page. Don't just do enough to scrape by the policy, ensure every page is of a really high quality and truly benefical to the end user. An unofficial litmus test I use here is: if my gran were on this page, from reading it would she clearly understand the product or service you are offering and all of the terms and conditions that come with it. Would it have been worth her while to visit your site? Note that all of these changes are no guarantee of re-enabling, simply of re-review. It's very diffiuclt to come back from suspension. We set the bar high becuase our users, your customers, are at stake. 

I hope this helps. Note that this is a loose guideline based on landing page issues in general. I haven't investigated your case in specific.

Ita

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Ita

What if the user doesn't have control over the site that violated the Policy,? ( It was sold, or the domain was not renewed), whereas the site he is currently holding is in compliance?

-Moshe

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 9
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Moshe, 

It's a good question. Generally, you are responsible for all sites you advertised even if it's now sold/ not renewed. It would have to be fixed before a review would be considered. But remember the violation would have happened while it was being advertising and it should have been fixed before being sold if you inteneded on advertising again in the future. And it would have been three vioaltions or one really serious one. 

Again remember this idea that landing page quality is all about ensuring a positive experience for the user which is good for the advertiser and good for Google. 

Ita